Hello and happy Tuesday! I am linking up again with Jana aka That Artsy Reader Girl for Top Ten Tuesday. You can find her using the links above.
Have you ever read a book that you really, really enjoyed…like enough to put it on your favorite books of all time list…only to realize weeks, months, or even years later that you don’t really remember what happened in it? Honestly, it happens to me way to much and I’m a little embarrassed to admit that. This week’s Top 10 Tuesday topic is all about books that we really liked but can’t remember much…or anything…about.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I read this book when it first came out three years ago and I LOVED it. It was a great book….and I can’t remember a single thing about it. Well, I do remember some things but I couldn’t tell you the exact plot of the book to save my life. After reading it, I never got around to reading any of the other books in the series even though I do own them. Now I want to read this one again.
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan. I’m actually really disappointed with myself for the fact that I can’t really remember what happened in this book. I remember absolutely adoring this book when I finished it.
- A Study In Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. Yet another book that I’m a little disappointed about. I always see the second book in this series in Target and I always want to buy it…Until I realize that I can’t remember a thing about what happened in this book and I don’t have time to re-read this one so I can’t read the second one. SIGH.
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. This is actually one of my rare 5-star rated reads on Goodreads and yet I can’t remember a thing about it. My Goodreads review of the book tells me absolutely nothing about what this book is about. Obviously, I need to reread this one ASAP.
- Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I was reminded of this one because of the Love, Simon movie trailer. I remember loving this book when I read it a few years ago, but now that there’s a moving coming out based on it I can’t really recall any details. I definitely want to go back and read the book again before I see the movie.
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. This is yet another book that I don’t remember fully but can remember little details of. I do remember really enjoying this book, though and I wish I remembered more of it!
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. No joke, I want to cry because of the fact that I can’t remember much of this book at all because this was another 5-star read. Also, I’m pretty sure that I cried reading this book which is kinda rare. I think I don’t remember much because I read this book so long ago.
- The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma. Looking at this book cover actually brings back some details of the book but I wish that I remembered more! I remember not really enjoying this book at first, but once I got to the end I thought it was so well written, although intense.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. Ok, confession time…this is one of my favorite adult fiction novels and one of the first adult fiction books I’ve ever read. I always, always recommend this book to people. But for some reason, I can’t remember much about it at all. I’ve been meaning to go back and re-read it for a while now but I just haven’t had the chance to. Maybe I’ll get to it in 2018.
- Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor. I do remember the general plot of this one..mostly because I just read it on Goodreads…but I don’t remember any of the fine details.
Are there any books on my list that you’ve read which you could refresh my memory on? Ha. What books did you love but can’t remember much about?